Monday June 19, 2017, the day after Father’s Day, the NJ State Senate has posted S3067 for a full vote of the members. (Sections of this bill are listed below). This legislation is more destructive to Truth and civil liberties than any other bill we have seen in the last decade.
The Center for Garden State Families opposes this attack on the civil liberties of every New Jerseyan.
During testimony provided by Gregory Quinlan, President and Founder of the Center for Garden State Families, several of the most egregious sections of the bill were pointed out. Although these committee hearings are recorded when Quinlan testified, several places of his testimony were muted.
When Senator Michael Doherty asked Quinlan about his testimony regarding section eight, Quinlan testified that this will end segregated activities such as all girl and all boy sports. Parts of that testimony are muted on the state recording. Apparently when Chairwoman Teresa Ruiz, who is the Prime Sponsor of the “Transgender Education Protection Act” (our own title) legislation S3067, hears something she doesn’t like she simply mutes it. This happened several times during testimony that the Center for Garden State Families presented. She also muted parts of the testimony of Rev Brad Winship as well as challenging the validity of his testimony. She also in a very condescending manner disrespected John Tomicki of the League of American Families as well as disrespecting anyone who opposed her bill.
See the sections of this bill below.
(5) ensuring that a transgender student is addressed at school by the name and pronoun preferred by the student that corresponds to the student’s gender identity, regardless of whether a legal name change or change in official school records has occurred; [Analysis: this in effect mandates lying. The student who is lying about their biologic identity is supported and enabled in a behavior that is harmful to themselves. Faculty and staff and forced to lie about the students real biologic identity. Students must lie just to survive the hostile environment created by this legislation.]
(6) issuing school documentation such as student identification cards in the name preferred by the student that corresponds to the student’s gender identity, and permitting a transgender student to dress in accordance with the student’s gender identity; [Analysis: Another mandated forced falsehood promoting a mental illness and dysphoria that denies the biologic reality of the students genetic sex.]
What happens to the student, faculty and staff that refuse to violate their conscience and reality of the student’s biologic sex? What penalties are assessed? How are the rights and civil liberties of the rest of the schools population protected and served to accommodate the lie of another?
(7) providing a transgender student with the same opportunities to participate in physical education as other students, and permitting the student to participate in physical education in accordance with the student’s gender identity;
(8) permitting a transgender student to participate in gender-segregated school activities in accordance with the student’s gender identity; [This is where Sen. Doherty asked me several questions parts of which are muted.]
(9) use of restrooms and locker rooms, including not requiring a transgender student to use a restroom or locker room that conflicts with the student’s gender identity, and providing reasonable alternative arrangements if needed to ensure a student’s safety and comfort; [A clear violation of the safety of all students, staff and facility.]
(10) ensuring that school counselors are knowledgeable regarding issues and concerns relevant to transgender students; and [Analysis: Again the rights and civil liberties of the school counselors are violated and they are forced to enable and endorse a mental illness.]
(11) permitting and supporting the formation of student clubs or programs regarding issues related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. [This is and has already happened with GSA: Gay Straight Alliance clubs.]
c. The guidelines shall include information on organizations or other resources available to students and parents that provide support to transgender individuals. [This is declaring that all government schools endorse and enable the mental illness of transgenderism.]
d. The commissioner shall periodically review the guidelines developed pursuant to this section, and shall update or modify the guidelines, as appropriate, in accordance with current state or federal laws and regulations concerning the rights of transgender students.
Senator Ruiz stated prior to the voting committee that this bill would codify in New Jersey what is already federal law. There is no federal law. What we are dealing with is an executive order from former President Barack Obama.
Call your State Senator immediately and voice your concerns about this child endangering, civil rights violating and harmful legislation. The mandates that are included in S3067 for the Commissioner of Education to implement will create a host of legal challenges that most school systems cannot afford.
Find your legislator here http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/legsearch.asp
Please consider donating as we work to inform and protect the families of the Garden State. We are the Center for Garden State Families.