by David Nussman • ChurchMilitant.com
TRENTON, N.J. (ChurchMilitant.com) - Hard-line pro-abortion policy could be coming soon to New Jersey.
Gregory Quinlan, founder of The Center for Garden State Families Lawmakers in the Democrat-controlled state are considering the so-called Reproductive Freedom Act (RFA) — a radical pro-abortion bill that claims, "Abortion is one of the safest medical procedures performed in the United States."
Introduced to the state Senate on Oct. 8, the bill would:
enshrine the so-called right to abortion
use taxpayer dollars to pay for birth control and abortion
allow abortion through all nine months of pregnancy, as well as partial-birth abortion
remove the requirement for parental consent for minors seeking to obtain abortions
Nicole Dundon, founder of Call to Act NJ, told Church Militant, "We currently have an issue of human sex trafficking in the state of New Jersey, but the mandated funding provisions that the bill provides will now attract MORE human traffickers."
Dundon is also a Catholic liaison for the Center for Garden State Families, a Christian pro-life nonprofit.
The bill is horrific. New Jersey will become the abortion Mecca of the world! No value for life and the innocent.
A laywoman in the diocese of Metuchen who uses the name Maria for sake of anonymity also told Church Militant on Tuesday, "The bill is horrific. New Jersey will become the abortion Mecca of the world! No value for life and the innocent."
Bishops 'Checking a Box'?
The Catholic bishops of New Jersey put out a statement Oct. 5 expressing opposition to the RFA, saying, "As the Catholic bishops of New Jersey, we urge all Catholics and people of goodwill to reject this proposed legislative initiative in our state and to contact your state legislators to vigorously express opposition to its passage."
Dundon opines Catholic clergy should do more to oppose the pro-abortion RFA:
Genesis says Nimrod’s reign of tyranny and force was ultimately conquered by the confusion of tongues at the Tower of Babel when all the people were scattered for lack of a common language or understanding.”
And while there are many holy and courageous priests in our state, most of the bishops in New Jersey seem to lack those qualities in that they have not provided any guidance for the faithful. Did they talk to their pastors? In my researched experience many priests were, and I'm sure still are, not aware of the bill, which makes sense, because we have come across alarming numbers of Catholics who were also not informed about it until we told them, or another pro-life organization educated them on it.
Maria made a similar point, saying, "Our bishops make a statement and think that checks off the box of doing something about it. That is not enough! We are betrayed by our politicians and our bishops."
Precaution If Roe v. Wade Is Overturned
When the bill was introduced last month, it came less than a month after the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Ginsburg, known as one of the reliable liberals on the court, was seen as a strong supporter of abortion and homosexuality — among other left-wing policy points.
After Ginsburg's death, many Democratic lawmakers — at both the state and federal level — looked for ways to solidify so-called abortion rights in case Roe v. Wade gets overturned.
We are seizing the moment to codify everyone's full reproductive rights into law.
In New Jersey, the Democratic Party has control of both chambers of the state government, as well as the governor's office.
Governor Phil Murphy, alongside his wife Tammy, spoke in a video Oct. 2 about the plans for the bill.
"Justice Ginsburg's life's work," the governor remarked, "gives us the courage to do more than sit idly by as New Jerseyans wonder aloud whether the Supreme Court will overturn Roe v. Wade."
He spoke about the pro-life movement as "anti-woman," adding, "We are seizing the moment to codify everyone's full reproductive rights into law."
In an interesting commentary by Matthew Henry, he says the following as it pertains to Nimrod. “Under the pretense of hunting, he gathered men under his command, in pursuit of another game he had to play, which was to make himself master of the country and to bring them into subjection. He was a mighty hunter, that is, he was a violent invader of his neighbors’ rights and properties, and a persecutor of innocent men, carrying all before him, and endeavoring to make all his own by force and violence.”
In another commentary on Nimrod, Matthew Henry writes, “It does not appear that he had any right to rule by birth but either his fitness for government recommended him, as some think, to an election, or by power and policy he advanced gradually, and perhaps insensibly, into the throne.
The antiquity of civil government, and particularly that form of it which lodges the sovereignty in a single person. If Nimrod and his neighbors began, other nations soon learned to incorporate under one head for their common safety and welfare.” Frederic Bastiat said, “It is impossible to introduce into society a greater change and a greater evil than this: conversion of the law into an instrument of plunder.” From his book, The Naked Socialist, Paul B. Skousen writes that “Socialism stands atop seven pillars of control rooted in the power and authority of Ruler’s Law.” They are as follows: 1. All-powerful RULERS 2. A society divided into CASTES and CLASSES 3. All things in COMMON 4. All things REGULATED 5. Compliance is by FORCE 6. Control of INFORMATION 7. NO INALIENABLE RIGHTS
Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels contrived a Luciferian ten-point plan that would alter Capitalism’s social-order built upon granting the earth’s dominion through a Sovereign God’s private property. Friedrich Engels said that the summation of the Communist Manifesto was the abolition of private property. Karl Marx was the Nimrod of the Modern Age.
Below is a summation of the Luciferian Pillars of Marxism: 1. Abolition of private property 2. A heavy progressive and graduated Income tax 3. Abolition of all right of inheritance 4. Confiscation of all property of emigrants and rebels 5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, utilizing a national (central) bank with State Capital and an exclusive monopoly 6. Centralized communication and transport in the hands of the State 7. Extension of Factories and Instruments of production owned by the State 8. Equal obligation of all to work 9. Gradual abolition of all distinction between town and country by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country 10. Free Education for all children in public schools
At the Center for Garden State Families, we have been looking at Worldview’s importance and why it matters. The influence of the Worldview of Karl Marx is one of the most tragic we have seen in our most recent history. To this day, its influence has penetrated our macroeconomic system through John Maynard Keynes and even our Government and Educational System. It was a gradual infiltration through stealth that has leveled an enormous blow to this country. It all starts with the removal of God from society. Vladimir Lenin wrote, “We must combat religion – this is the ABC of materialism and consequently of Marxism.” The only way out of Marxism’s demonic and seducing spirit is to restore our nation to its foundation built by those who had a Biblical Worldview.
“When virtue suffers neglect and death, the historian knows an end to the whole is not far behind.” Paul B. Skousen
“Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For we are not contending with flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world of rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 5:11, 6:12
Hosea 4:6 (KJV) Jersey taxpayers' expense. Human traffickers sex traffic young girls and women all over the world. They transport their sex slaves to Europe, to the Middle East, to the Far East, and the United States. New Jersey will become a no questions asked abortion mill. Sex traffickers will fly their pregnant victims into the Garden State to receive an abortion. There will be no consequences to the human traffickers and the human trafficking victims will not be rescued, will not be delivered from the hell they are in. They will be released, go on her way, enslaved by their pimps and raped repeatedly every night over and over again. New Jersey, thanks to Sen. Loretta Weinberg and Assemblywoman Valerie Vainieri Huttle, will give cover to human traffickers and enable the continued slavery of human trafficked victims.
Rabbi Noson Leiter
Rev. Clenard Childress
Rev. Matt Jones
Protester in Front of LD 37 Legislative Offices
· The Reproductive Freedom Act wipes away all clinical regulations and safeguards regarding abortions in New Jersey. For example, New Jersey required the pregnancies after 14 weeks could only receive abortions by medical doctors and in licensed surgical care facilities. That will be gone should the RFA pass.
· The RFA will permanently fund abortion procedures in New Jersey. To quote Gov. Phil Murphy, “Abortion is a right.” Mandates annual allocation of taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood under Title X in the state budget.
· The RFA erases any and all criminal consequences to a person having an abortion. Remember Melissa Drexler, who was nicknamed in the media as "The Prom Mom", is a New Jersey woman who, as a teenage high school student in 1997, delivered a baby in a restroom stall during her high school prom dance. She put the baby in the trash can and then returned to the dance. Drexler pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter, and was sentenced to 15 years' imprisonment. After serving three years and one month, she was released on parole should the RFA pass a young mother in a similar situation, disposing of her baby in the same way as Melissa Drexler, would not be subject to any criminal prosecution.
· Explicitly guarantee, to every individual, the fundamental right to reproductive autonomy, which includes the right to contraception, the right to abortion and the right to carry a pregnancy to term.” Codifies 1982 NJ Supreme Court Decision, Right to Choose v. Byrne which protects the right to abortion and exceeds protections established under the U.S. Constitution. The bill will apply to all residents “and those who come to this state” including those who are incarcerated.
· Requires all insurance carriers to provide coverage for abortions and expands coverage for contraceptives to a long term (12 month) supply. Religious employers could request an exclusion if the required coverage conflicts with the religious employer’s bona fide religious beliefs and practices.
· It will essentially gut the NJ Safe Haven Infant Protection Act which has saved the lives of 77 precious newborns since its enactment. The bill “eliminates the requirement that a medicolegal death investigation be conducted in a case where a fetal death occurs without medical attendance.” This language will grant immunity from prosecution for cases, including, but not limited to the Prom Mom, in a recent case where infants have been born alive and left to die, or through a deliberate act, are killed, therefore rendering the NJ Safe Haven Infant Protection Act obsolete.
Call the Prime Sponsors of the Reproductive Freedom Act
Senator Loretta Weinberg
Senator Linda Greenstein
Assemblywoman Valerie Vainieri Huttle
Assemblywoman Mila Jasey
Your donation doesn't go to Colorado or Washington DC. Your tax deductible donation stays right here in New Jersey for New Jersey. Join us as we protect and promote faith, freedom and the natural family.
Thank you for donating to our cause. Many donors have benefited from strategies which increase your tax deductible giving without having those dollars come out of your current lifestyle. You benefit with an increase in your annual after tax retirement income. To discuss these incredible strategies, which are long standing IRS acceptable, please contact our office.